Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has been identified in humans. COVID – 19 is the infectious disease caused by the most dangerous and recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan(China).
- The total number of passengers affected at the airport is approximately around 13,19,363.
- Total numbers of cases of Coronavirus disease (COVID – 19) in India are 271 which are positive till today.
- As of 16 March, more than 185,000 cases of the disease have been reported in over 160 countries and territories, resulting in more than 7,300 deaths and around 79,000 recoveries.
- Regions affected by major outbreaks include mainland China, Europe, Iran, South Korea, and the United States.
- The time between exposure and symptom onset is typically five days but may range from two to fourteen days.
A person is considered at risk if they have travelled to an area with on-going community transmission within the previous days, or have had close contact with an infected person. Currently, there is no vaccine or specific antiviral treatment, to prevent coronavirus but research is going on.
The helpline number for coronavirus : +91-11-23978046.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
It starts as a common cold and becomes more severe acute respiratory disease.
- Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cold, cough, and shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- However, the primary mode of transmission is via respiratory droplets that people exhale, for example when coughing or sneezing.Those who have weak immune system may develop more severe systems like Pneumonia and Bronchitis.
- People who have existing medical conditions like heart disease may be at higher risk of illness.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Alcohol-based hand wash will kill viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing because while sneezing they may spray up small liquid through the nose which may contain viruses.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth frequently, make sure your hands are clean. Keep a hand sanitiser with you where ever you go.
- Make sure you and the people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- If you have cough, cold, fever and difficulty in breathing, seek medical attention and call the helpline number.
- If possible avoid traveling to places, especially if you are an older person or having diabetes, heart or lung disease, because older people have a higher risk of catching COVID-19.
Strategies for preventing transmission of the disease include overall good personal hygiene, hand washing, avoiding touching the eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, coughing/sneezing into a tissue and putting the tissue directly into a dustbin and for those who may already have the infection wearing a surgical mask in public.
Start taking all the necessary precautions as it is very important for us to safeguard ourselves from the disease. Take care of your selves and also those around you as it may lessen the chances of the spread in your area. Let’s break the chain and stay safe from Cornovirus Disease (COVID-19)